Firmware Comments Off
Flyer firmware version 1.1.5 is now available and has JiffyDOS support among other things. Check out the Flyer Firmware release notes page for specifics.
With the release of 1.1.5 I did some speed tests and want to share my results. I used the SX-64 Christmas demo for the benchmark program to load…
- Stock 1541 and C64: 1 minute 55 seconds
- Using Epyx FastLoad cartridge with Stock 1541 and C64: 32 seconds
- JiffyDOS enabled 1541 and C64: 21 seconds
- Flyer (no JiffyDOS) and C64 (JiffyDOS off): 1 minute 22 seconds
- Flyer with JiffyDOS (C64 using JiffyDOS): 8 seconds
The end results are Flyer loads disks faster then a stock 1541 by 33 seconds and Flyer with JiffyDOS loads faster then a 1541 with JiffyDOS by 13 seconds. Pretty cool!
If you own a Flyer and also have JiffyDOS on any of your 8-bit Commodore computers, you’ll want to update to the latest 1.1.5 firmware.